Home > Visa & Consular Affairs > Notice

(HK SAR: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China)


1. Visitors who need Visa to Hong Kong

All foreign nationals require a visa or entry permit to work, study, establish or join in any business or to take up residence in the HK SAR.

2. Tourists Who Do not Need Visa to Hong Kong

Tourists who travel on Australian passports do not need visas or entry permits to travel to HK but their visa-free-period-of-visit may not exceed 3 months. Other nationals are advised to read the HK SAR Visa Requirements on Internet website at http://www.info.gov.hk/immd/ or check with this office by Tel.(02)6273-4783 or Fax (02)6273-9615 for relevant information.

3. How to apply Visa to Hong Kong

Those who require visas or entry permits may directly file their applications with the HK Immigration Department at Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (Tel: (852)2824-6111, Fax: (852) 2877-7711), or apply by submitting the following to this or other Chinese Consular Posts.

4. Specific Requirements:

a. Passports (valid for another 6 months and with blank visa pages);

b. One completed HK SAR Visa Application Form(ID 1003) with one recent photo;

c. One completed and properly signed Declaration Form;

d. Copies of onward or return air-tickets;

e. Prepaid self-addressed return envelope if you apply by mail. This office shall not be responsible for any possible mishandling by the carriers.

5. Application Fees

HK SAR Visa Application fee is A$50.00(A$60.00 if application is submitted by mail or delivery agency).

6. Notes:

a. In some cases, an additional A$35.00 shall be charged to cover expenses on communications with HKSAR Immigration Office.

b. The visa shall be processed, under normal circumstances, in 4 working days.

c. Expedite treatment shall incur a surcharge of A$50 (for overnight release), A$30(for 2nd or 3rd working-day rels.)

d. All relevant fees must be paid with application and in the form of money order or bank cheques.

Suggest to a friend: